Tuesday, July 7, 2009

4th Of July Weekend!



WOW! The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays because it contains many of my favorite activities:
1. Parades - Lets be honest, who doesn't love a good parade
2. BBQ's with friends and family
3. The fourth is just not complete without a great fireworks display

Well, this 4th of July weekend contained all of those with a twist! My roommate that I lived with in Spain Ben and his fiance Rachel, who also studied in Spain, got married this weekend. Megan, and a our friend Danielle from California who we met in Spain came up to Grand Rapids to attend the wedding with me. We all had a great time. The reception was at the Amway Grand Hotel, and we watch the Grand Rapids fireworks from the River just outside of the hotel. All in all, it was definitely a 4th of July to remember!

As for today - I am on Michael Jackson memorial service watch. Trying to catch as much as I can lived streamed over the internet at work.

Baseballs summer classic has several great stories this year. The game will take place next week but without two of baseballs biggest stars. Manny Ramirez and Alex Rodriguez were both skipped over by the fans and will be watching the game at home just like the rest of us!

Who tells Tiger Woods, I want to play a round of golf with you but don't have time? Well, none other than our President. Woods at a recent press conference said that both his people and Obama's people are trying to set up a time that they can play a round together but as woods put it, "he's really busy".

Finally, in other news - The Pope, yes Pope Benedict XVI has chimed in on the world's financial crisis. Today, he called "for a new world financial order guided by ethics, dignity and the search for the common good..." (From the Wall Street Journal).

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I should just read your blog instead of watching the news. I learn everything I need to know. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete